Monday, June 6, 2011

Woo Hoo! Summer Break is Here!

I have so much to celebrate this week!  I lost another 2.2 pounds last week which put me up to the total of 38.  I only have 12 more to reach my short term goal of 50 off.  I don't think I will make it there by July but I will get fairly close.  Someone asked me the other day what my long term goal is.  Well, I would like to lose an additional 75 pounds after I reach my short term goal.  I don't like thinking of that though because it seems so unreachable.  I think I will keep my mind set on short term goals. 

I am also celebrating my summer break!  Woo! Hoo!  It is finally here!  I admit it will be a little more difficult staying out of the kitchen on this break and sticking to my plan, but it will be easier to exercise on a regular basis.  So I am looking forward to that!

Sadly, my first week off, I am struggling.  This is the first week that I have been put in several tricky situations that challenged my plan.  This is the first time since January that I have ever used all my weekly extra points and my activity points.  I realized that EXERCISE is CRITICAL this week if I want to lose!  I had my "free" day on Friday and enjoyed lunch with a friend.  We went to Cheddar's and I had a hamburger.  Sunday we had our church picnic and of course I can't turn down good old fashion country cookin' from the ladies in our church.  Tomorrow, I go with my friend to get a massage and we are eating out.  Tomorrow, though, we are planning on eating the buffet and I think I can work my way around the buffet and stay in points.  I know how to do it, and have a plan....but question is....how strong will my will power be when I get there? 

We will see.

I know myself pretty well to know that I will see those desserts on the dessert buffet and will probably be overcome with desire.  So yes, EXERCISE this week is CRITICAL!  If I come out tomorrow without falling off the bandwagon I will be so proud of myself. 

I have once again, picked up my geneology project this summer. It is so addicting! It is so hard to stop because every clue leads you to another one, and another one, and another.  It is like a good book, you can't put down.

Today for lunch I created a very unique salad.  I will share it with you.

BBQ Chicken Salad
11 points - 1 serving
*2 cups lettuce chopped
*1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
*4 ounces chicken breast
*1/4 cup chopped tomato
*2 Tablespoons croutons
*2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce

Place all ingredients in a bowl that has a lid.  Shake till well coated with the BBQ sauce.  You can switch out the croutons for a few crushed fritos if desired.  You can also add corn, just remember to add points. 

This was a very filling and flavorful salad.  I know it sounds odd to use BBQ sauce as a dressing but it worked well with the tomato.

Have a great week!  Hope I lose this week....fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment