Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Weight Report:  Down another 1.3 pounds.  I am now down 36 pounds total.

It's the kick-off to summer, the day to celebrate loved ones and heroes, the day to spend with family and friends!  Tonight, my husband and I ate what I call "True Summer" for dinner.  We had all-American Bacon Tomato Sandwiches!  I know, I can hear you now...., "BACON???  I thought she was on a diet!"  Well, I am!  Oscar Meyer Prepared and Ready bacon has 2 points for 3 slices.  I fixed 6 slices for 4 points.  I put it on my Pepperidge Farms Deli Thin Bread (100 calories) for 3 points and added my free tomato and my free 1/2 tablespoon fat free mayo.  MMMMMMM!  Summer!  I added 1/2 cup mustard potato salad for 4 points and enjoyed my 11 point meal!

Sadly, my extended family will not be celebrating Memorial Day with us.  Our school just had graduation and there are a lot of graduation parties to attend, so hubby, Emma, and I are going to hang out at home alone.  We are grilling tomorrow night though.  I have been DYING to break out the grill and fix BBQ chicken!  Our little menu tomorrow night will be grilled BBQ chicken, mustard potato salad and baked beans.  I am looking forward to smelling that grill cooking chicken, sipping on homemade lemonade, and playing around with Emma in my bare feet!

Things are winding down with work.  I have 3 days of professional development this week and I can honestly say, I AM DONE!  I am so ready to be functioning on my own time without a care or schedule to follow!  Pray I get through the next week quickly! 

In honor of Memorial Day, I am sharing a Red, White and Blue Cake recipe!

RED WHITE AND BLUE CAKE
You need:
*1 Sugar Free Angel Food Cake (store bought)
*2 cups Sugar Free Vanilla pudding made with Skim Milk
*8 oz. tub of fat free cool whip
*16 strawberries sliced
*1 container of blueberries
*1 small can crushed pineapple in its own juice (drained)

Directions:
1.) Slice the angel food cake lengthwise through the center to make 2 layers of cake.
2.) Mix the pudding with the skim milk and allow to firm in the refrigerator.
3.) Mix the pudding with the cool whip till well blended.
4.) Add the strawberry slices and blueberries to the pudding mixture.  Stir mixing well. 
5.) Add the drained can of crushed pineapple and mix well.
6.) Divide the pudding mixture in half. 
7.) Put 1/2 the pudding mixture on the bottom layer of angel food cake.  Top the pudding mixture with the other layer of angel food cake.  (Making what looks like a stacked cake)
8.) Top the cake off with the remaining pudding mixture. 

Makes 16 servings at 4 points each!

Well, that's it for me!  I am hoping this week brings me another good weight loss!  I walked today for 60 minutes.  It is amazing how the further in your walk you go, the more energy you have to keep going a little more.  Wish me luck!  Have a great week!  Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment