Saturday, May 21, 2011

Great Week!

I am getting that fever for summer break!  It is so close, I can smell it!  Only 4 more days of school with the kids!  Then only 3 more work days after that and I am done!  The days of sleeping in and enjoying myself doing whatever I feel like doing are just around the corner! 

This has been a very busy but exciting week for me.  I lost another 1.4 pounds.  I am right at 35 off and getting closer and closer to my goal.  I am very proud of myself today.  This morning I was telling my husband how difficult it was going to be for me this week.  I have a birthday party to go to tonight, the 1st grade grillout/picnic on Tuesday, a friend's retirement party on Wednesday, and the staff annual grill-out on Friday. 

In the midst of this discussion, I heard the old shoulder friends whispering in my ears!  Good Conscience was saying, "Well, you have enough points for tonight, you can take your own turkey sausages to grill on Tuesday, you can just visit on Wednesday, and Friday is your cheat day...you can do this."  While on the other shoulder, sat Mr. Bad Conscience saying, "It will be so hard, you should just take this week off and enjoy yourself!"  I made the decision to go with Good Conscience.  I was going to the grocery and could get stuff for the picnic and knew I could take care of the other things with good old will-power. 

Then, Bad Conscience decided he would test me again.  I have a regular routine, on Saturday mornings as I go to the grocery, I go through McDonald's and order just an egg mcmuffin to eat.  This morning though, while I sat in line, Bad Conscience was telling me I wanted a caramel frappe or a hashbrown.  I kept telling myself, "No, you don't want to do that."  Then you won't believe what happened next.  He actually began to get to me.....it was like a movie being played in slow motion.  The lady at the drive-thru said, "Can I take your order?"  I said, "I would like an egg mcmuffin and".........(I hesitated).........(and again hesitated some more).......and slowly said, "....and thaaaaaaat's alllllllll."  It was as if Bad Conscience had ahold of my mouth trying to get me to say, "and a hashbrown please."  But I didn't.  I was so proud of myself for tackling that demon!  It helped me to see how making good choices has become a habit for me.  Bad Conscience disappeared and I haven't heard from him anymore today.

This week my book came out.  I am excited to introduce you to my book! 

You can view it at http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.aspx?bookid=96446
Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Have a wonderful week everyone!  Hoping there is less of me to report to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment