Friday, May 13, 2011

It's Broke!

I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  Hooray, hooray, hooray!  I broke that stupid plateau finally!  I lost 3.4 pounds today which puts me up to the total weight loss of 33 pounds!  YEEEHAW!!!!!  If you read last week's post, I told you what I planned to do this week and it worked!  I changed my exercise up a bit (added an incline on my treadmill and worked in some high cardio dance in 10 minute sessions), I changed my diet by getting rid of all those process snack foods and replacing them with high protein foods, and I cut out eating after 7 pm.  So guess what this means.....I am continuing these next few weeks with the same strategies and hopefully I can make up for the lost time.

I have to admit though, this week I have been craving, believe it or not, Chinese food!  My recipe this week is a healthier version of my all time favorite item on a Chinese Buffet!  I am posting a recipe for Chinese Crab Rangoon that is 2 points for 2 rangoon pieces.

Chinese Crab Rangoon
Makes 24 servings (2 rangoons each) – 2 points

*6 oz. imitation crab meat
*2 green onions/scallions chopped
*1 clove garlic, minced
*2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
*1/2 tsp. soy sauce
*48 wonton wrappers
*8 oz. block fat free cream cheese
*1/4 cup sugar

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the won ton wrappers.  Mix well.
To keep skins from drying out, prepare one or two rangoons at a time.  Place 1 tsp. filling in the center of each wonton wrapper.  Pull top corner down and overlap slightly the bottom corner.  Moisten one of the corners and press to seal.  Lightly spray baking sheet with the non-stick cooking spray.  Arrange the rangoons on the sheet and spray lightly to coat.  Bake at 425 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown.  2 rangoons is 2 points. 


This week my class went on an exciting field trip to the Krohn's Conservatory in Cincinnati, Ohio to see the butterflies from Brazil.  I got to take some wonderful pictures while there with my new camera.  I just love all the special features on it!  You will have to check out the pictures below! 

Here is a book update:  My book will be released Monday!  I will recieve my first copy hopefully within the next 2 weeks!  I am very excited to have a published children's book and call myself an author! 

I am hoping to have another great week with weight loss.  I need it now because I know I will probably struggle with temptation once school lets out and I am home all day. 

Here are those pics I got!  Hope they inspire you!






Have an awesome week........hope there's less of me to report next week!

1 comment:

  1. Want to hear all about your book. Congratulations on your weight loss. The recipe sounds wonderful. The pictures are so lovely. You will always be a very busy lady as you have so many great interests.

    ReplyDelete