Saturday, March 12, 2011

I CAN DO THIS!

Okay, so this week has been challenging for me, not food wise, but weight wise.  I have lost so well the past 3 weeks.  I followed the program perfectly, maybe too perfectly!  I weighed myself Thursday morning and weighed 2 pounds less than the week before.  So I skipped back to my classroom and was feeling wonderful!  That was even with heavy dress pants on, mind you!  I was feeling awesome thinking, "Wow, 14 pounds off....this is so easy!"  Then yesterday (my actual weigh in day), I jumped on those scales and WHAMMO!  WHAT?!  I weigh the same as I did last week!?  What happened?

So I left the nurse's office depressed and stunned!  What happened in one day's time to my 2 pounds I had lost?  I know I know, this is why they say you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday!  And yes, I paid for it.  I spent my day just thinking about what I did wrong.  But I couldn't find anything wrong.  I measure everything, count everything, exercise (an extra mile this week too), I write down every little thing that goes into my mouth.  I just couldn't find an answer.  So I am left wondering if my body is just trying to catch up or if it has caught on to what I am doing and resisting giving up this stored fat. 

One thing I learned before when I lost a lot of weight, and I don't know why I hadn't done it yet this go round, was that every now and then your body has to have some extra fat especially if you have eaten like that a long time.  I think I sent my body into shock mode.  My body simply, thought, "Oh, no....she is not giving me as much fat and junk as she always does, so I think maybe I will hold onto what I have and not let it go!"  So guess what I did yesterday?!  I ate!  That will show my body who is boss!  I ate almost all my weekly extra points I am allowed on the program.  (I had not been using them in previous weeks, just my daily allowances). 

I am hoping and praying this will allow me to drop more next week when I weigh.  I think I have been overthinking the program and not allowing flexibility in.  Yes, I was discouraged but I keep telling myself one week of staying the same is better than the scales going back up!  If you are battling weight loss and you find that you also don't lose and have hit a plateau.....eat more.  I know it sounds crazy but I really think it works.  (At least I hope so.....it did in the past for me.....hope it does this time too!)  I have a couple low fat recipes to share with you.  I hope you enjoy them and have a wonderful week!

Knorr Veggie Dip
2 Tablespoons = 0 points, 4 Tablespoons = 1 point
Makes 24 servings

You need
*1 packet of Knorr Vegetable Dip Mix (found with the soup mixes)
*2 cups of Plain Fat Free Yogurt
*1 cup Fat Free Mayo

Mix all together and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.  Serve with fresh veggies.



Bruschetta and Cheese Chicken
1 Serving = 9 points
Makes 8 servings

You need
*1 can (14 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
*1 1/4 cups Kraft Shredded Low-Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (divided)
*1/4 cup chopped basil
*1 package (6oz.) Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken
*8 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
*1/3 cup Fat Free Italian Dressing

Preheat overn to 350.  To prepare stuffing, combine tomatoes and their liquid, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, basil and dry stuffing mix, stirring until just moistened.  Pound each chicken breast to 1/4 inch thick. Place the pounded chicken breast smooth-side down, on a cutting board.  Spread with 1/8 of the stuffing mixture.  Roll chicken breast, starting at the narrow end, as tightly as possible around the stuffing mixture. Place in 13x9 inch baking dish with seam side down, as this allows the chicken to hold together nicely.  Pour dressing evenly over the chicken and bake for 40 minutes.  Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.  Serve with a salad or veggies for a light dinner.


Have a great week....hope there's less of me to report next week!  Let's go Me!  Come on!  I CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment