Thursday, March 3, 2011

What A Week!

Hello all!  You know there are weeks when things just seem to be rolling along and exciting stuff happens that you just won't forget and then there are weeks when you feel like a robot.  Okay, so I have to be honest, this week has sort of been a "BLAH" week for me.  Nothing really exciting happened this week for me to write about.........or so I thought.  Then I started pondering everything that has occurred this week. 

I begin with Sunday night.  Last Sunday night, I had the worst time sleeping.  They were reporting that tornadoes were possible overnight with thunderstorms.  This kept me up.  Everytime the wind would blow, not only would the bedroom windows pop, but I would jump out of bed and turn on the television thinking we were under a warning.  We actually made it through most of the night without any sort of storms at all.  The storms rolled through around 5 in the morning (after I finally convinced myself it was okay to drift off into dreamland) and did actually spin out a tornado to the counties just south of us.  We were very fortunate that, according to the radar, a strong storm seemed to just break apart over our county and then it miraculously reformed after passing over us. 

Then later in the day on Monday, the weirdest thing happened!  It actually rained mud and dirt.  I walked out of work to the parking lot and noticed that every single car was splattered with this mysterious dirty rain.  It made me wonder what was going on and where it had come from.  Since our school is under renovation, I assumed it just affected people parked around the school, but later found out this was an entire county thing.  One theory, of course, is that as the tornado picked up dust and debris in the county south of us, it stayed in the clouds until it crossed into our county at which time it fell with rain and left dirty little splatters everywhere!  I do want to report there were no injuries with the particular tornado I am referring to.

Okay, so Monday night, we had someone come out and check out our basement.  We have plans to hopefully finish part of our basement.  We are still awaiting his phone call with an estimate.  We are praying it is what we can afford, but we are very doubtful!  I mean come on!  Gas is now almost $4 a gallon and that means everything else costs more too.  I am hopeful about the estimate but I do not live in a dreamland and understand reality!

Tuesday, at school, we had a special guest visit and talk with the kids.  She is a local mom that I see in the hallway of school everyday.  She was showing off a children's book she has written and had published.  We got to talking about publishers because well, a few years ago I, myself wrote a children's book.  I really wanted to have it published but never really felt like going through all the red tape.  She re-inspired me to seek out a publisher for my book.  So those wheels are turning in my head.  I am promising myself to attempt having my book published and I have already begun thinking about another children's book.  So in my dreams, when I actually get to sleep, I am coming up with ideas for this second children's book I plan to write.

Last night, of course when I wanted to sleep, Emma decided to wake up several times in the night.  (I am beginning to wonder if I will ever sleep.....what with children's book ideas jumping around in my head and voices of Emma ringing through the monitor and of course anxiety about the basement estimate.....makes me tired thinking about all that thinking I am doing.) 

Tomorrow I weigh in.  I AM looking forward to that!  I feel I have done farely well this week.  I will report to you in the next post how I did!  Maybe next post, I can also report we are going to finish the basement.....but I don't know.  Hopefully the next time I post, I will be well rested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment