Friday, March 25, 2011

Too Fast? Are You Kidding Me?!

Hello all you visitors to the Pumpkin Patch!  It has been a chaotic week for sure but a great one with weight loss, yet again! 


I lost another 3 1/2 pounds this week which puts me up to 18 1/2 pounds in 6 weeks.  However; this morning when I punched in my loss, the Weight Watcher's site said I was possibly losing weight too quickly and wanted to give me recommendations to slow down my weight loss!  I thought, "What!?  Too fast?!  Are you kidding me!?"  In my opinion, I think I am losing exactly the way I want to.  I have a deadline (July) to get 50 pounds off! 


I know, I know, I get it.....losing weight consistently too quickly is dangerous and can cause health issues, but I have done this before.....I know my body will slow down.  Eventually it will become 1/2 pound weeks instead of my 3 1/2.  So I want to get as much off as I can while I am losing well.  I am not depriving myself, people.....I am eating trust me.  In fact, this week I greatfully decided to dive into a scrumptious orange triple layer cake at my granny's birthday shindig!  I ate like a pig last Friday.  I ate all my weekly extra points this week too!  I AM eating! 


This is a wonderful weight loss program!  I have figured out why I wasn't successful all those other times I did Weight Watchers......I was changing what I was eating and taking away the foods I love.  This time, I am not doing that.  Before, I would sit down to a dinner of a Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine while my husband would enjoy regular food as I drueled over his dinner.  This time, though, I am learning to adjust my favorite recipes and eat what my husband is eating which has led me to feel like I am not taking away anything.  I fixed my Beef Stroganoff recipe this week and instead of sour cream and regular cream cheese I used fat free cream cheese and fat free plain yogurt!  My husband would have flipped his lid had he known I did that, so we won't tell!  Yet, he had no clue that I had switched anything out!  Again, loving the changes I am making in my life!


Okay, so enough of that.....I know there are those of you out there that are not doing weight watchers and are longing for other stuff besides weight loss info!  So I have a treat for you!  My husband's 2nd cousin, a wonderful woman I love a lot (love you Dana) gave me a recipe I will have to fix for a treat.  I think as a reward when I get this 50 pounds off, I will make this for myself!  I am going to share it with you!  I do have to warn you though.....reading it makes you feel 20 pounds heavier! 


Coconut caramel pie
¼ cup butter
1 7oz. pck flaked coconut
½ chopped pecans
1 8oz. pck cream cheese
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 16oz. cool whip
2 baked 9 in. pie crusts
1 jar caramel ice cream topping

Directions
Melt butter in skillet.  Add coconut and pecans.  Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently.  Set aside.  Combine cream cheese and condensed milk- beat until smooth.  Fold in whipped topping.  Layer cream cheese mixture, caramel, nut and coconut mixture. 



Doesn't that sound yummy?  Come on 50 pounds!  Thanks again Dana for this recipe!

Now for all you weight loss people, I tried something last night for dinner that knocked my socks off!  Again, I have to pay credit where credit is due!  I thank my Uncle Mike and Aunt Marcia for this one!  I tried salmon (Georgia style)!  Here is what I did:

I used Schwan's fresh caught salmon fillets.  If you don't order from Schwan's you can use fresh or another good cut of salmon.  If you are using a frozen fillet, I recommend cooking it under the broiler for 8 minutes without anything on it.  After 8 minutes turn the fillets over and add to the top, 1 teaspoon margarine spread across the top and then crumble up 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar on top.  Place back under the broiler for another 6 minutes.  Enjoy over a bed of rice!  YUMMY!  If you are using fresh salmon, skip the first broiling session.  Go on and spread on the margarine and brown sugar then broil for 8 minutes.  This was wonderful and very low in points.  I counted it up as 4 points for the salmon. 

I also tried this week dipping my apple slices in chocolate pudding instead of caramel and have to admit, I liked it better! 

Tonight Kentucky plays Ohio State.  Go Kentucky!  I am posting my daughter's Kentucky picture just for good luck!  I am praying I don't regret this!  Hoping they win!  Fingers crossed!  Hope there is less of me to report next week (though not too much)....who am I kidding?!  Ta Ta!


Go CATS!  Number 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment