Sunday, March 6, 2011

Losing Part of Me!

Well, I did it!  I had another satisfying week of weight loss!  I lost 4.2 pounds this week which gives me a total of 12 pounds in 3 weeks!  I am not sad that I am losing part of me!  This is exciting stuff!  I have to say it again.....I love the Weight Watcher's Points Plus Program!  I am still excited everyday about packing my lunch.  I get excited going to the grocery too!  It is like a mystery I am trying to solve.....finding new foods I can enjoy with low points!  I have been successful at finding some too! 

Here are a few I have found.....
*Tyson Grilled and Ready Frozen Chicken Breasts (3 points)
*Spinach dip made with yogurt (1 point)
*Sugar Free pudding (2 points) has less points than fat free pudding! (3 points)
*Pop Tart Crispers 100 calorie packs (3 points)
*Frozen Eggrolls (5 points)
*Emerald Cocoa Almonds 100 calorie packs (3 points)
*Pringles Snack Sticks (2 points)
*Rold Gold Everything Bagel Pretzel Rings (14 for 3 points)

I'm still on the lookout for wonderful point bargin foods.  I have found a couple of recipes that I really am anxious to try.  I will share a couple with you.  I can't take credit for these.  They were found on Weight Watcher's recipe swap.

Crockpot Sausage and Hashbrowns
*14 ounce smoked turkey sausage
*16 ounce Obrien hashbrowns
*12 ounce fat free skimmed milk
*10 3/4 ounce can cheddar cheese soup
*salt and pepper

Directions:
Combine sausage and hashbrowns in the crockpot.  Combine soup and milk and pour over sausage and hashbrown mixture.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Serves 6
Nut. Info:  8 g. fat, 31 g. carb., 1 g. fiber, 16 g. protein


Pineapple Rice
*1 1/4 cup instant brown rice
*8 ounce can crushed pineapple
*1 tsp. Splenda brown sugar
*1/2 tsp. cinnamon
*2 Tbsp. Sweet and Sour sauce

Directions:
*Drain the juice from the pineapple into measureing cup.  Set pineaple aside.  Add water to bring total liquid to 2 cups.  Pour into saucepan.  Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and sweet and sour sauce and bring to a boil over high heat.  Stir in rice and pineapple and return to a boil.  Remove from heat and let stand 5 - 10 minutes to absorb the liquid.  This makes 4 servings at 4 points each.

And of course I have to share my own easy cheesy, lemon, squeasy recipe for my favorite snack so far!  Here it is!

Tricky Caramel Apples
*1 apple sliced
*1 to go cup Sugar Free Caramel Pudding

Dip each apple slice into the caramel!  OMG!  This is the best and most surprising snack I have had yet!  I can easily trick my mind into believing I am eating a caramel apple and better yet, the pudding underneath is very close to tasting just like fruit dip.  So not only am I eating caramel with my apple but fruit dip too!  Try it, I think you will agree that for 2 points this is an awesome snack!

Well, pink pumkin lovers out there, I am hoping you have a wonderful and fulfilling week.  I am hoping that next week there is even less of me to share news with you! 

Update on last post:  Still no word on an estimate for our basement!  Still have fingers crossed!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Missy!! Keep up your witty writing! It is fresh and fun and so real. I know many people relate to you and your topics. I don't have too much time to spend on blogs, but enjoy yours. Love to you all. Marcia

    ReplyDelete