Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello Spring Break!

So it started today at 3:15 pm......my much needed Spring Break!  A full week of running on my own time and hopefully sleeping in (though with a 2 year old...it never happens the way you want)!  I will probably be awakened earlier than usual this next week, but I am hopeful that I will be able to sleep till at least 7 am. 

This week was another successful weight loss week!  I lost another pound and a half which puts me up to 20 off!  I am so excited that I only have 30 more to reach my short term goal.  I have much more I would love to lose in the long run, but my goal is 50 by July.  So I am much closer than I was back in February when I started!

I have not come across many new foods because I am currently enjoying all the foods I have found already.  I did however; find 1 new food.  At Kroger in the produce section, I was looking at mushrooms.  I have always loved stuffed mushrooms and I thought I would create my own stuffed mushroom recipe.  Though, upon closer viewing, I spotted some stuffed portobello mushrooms.  They were bacon cheese flavored stuffed mushrooms.  I can not remember the brand name only that the label was maroon and yellow.  They were very good for someone that likes that sort of thing.  They were only 3 points a piece.  2 of them with a salad hit the spot for me last weekend!  If you are looking for them, search the fresh mushroom section at your local Kroger store.  Later in this post I will also share a couple new recipes I have found.  And don't think I won't try to create my own stuffed portobello.  That is my goal this week:  create my own recipe for stuffed portobellos that is low in WW points!

 I have to tell you that I am becoming very excited about my book being published.  I got to preview my book via email this week.  Though, there were some changes I will definately be having the publishers change, I was still very excited.  It is such an accomplishment to have done something full cycle and not give up.  I am hoping I can do the same with my Weight Watchers plan.  I am sure I will be just as proud of myself when I meet my goal as I am about publishing my book.

I had to send in a picture of myself for my author autobiography and it was difficult because normally, I am behind the camera!  Not in front of it!  Thankfully, for Christmas, I got a new spiffy camera that can detect a smile and snap a picture at that moment.  I set it up, got my daughter, and took some shots.  I didn't feel right just putting my picture in there since the book was written for my daughter and all my illustrations were done with her as my inspiration.  Here are a couple of the photos.  I think they turned out very well.  I ended up going with the first one, but thought I would share the others too. 




I am hoping that next week is as successful as this past week.  It will be tough since I will be home a lot instead of following my normal day to day routine.  Wish me luck and now for those recipes!


Honey Chicken (8 points)
3 large chicken breasts (sliced in half to creat 6 thinner pieces of chicken)
12 Tablespoons of Kraft Light Honey Dijon Dressing
6 slices of cooked bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place the chicken breasts in a sprayed casserole dish.  Cover with the Dressing (2 tablespoons dressing per chicken piece).  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until chicken is well done.  Pull out of the oven.  Break each piece of bacon in half.  Place 2 half pieces of bacon on each chicken piece and sprinkle evenly with the cheese.  Place under the broiler till cheese is melted.  Enjoy with veggies or a salad.

Coconut Dream Pie (4 points a serving)
1 8oz. tub fat free cool whip
2 individual servings Light and Fit "Toasted Coconut and Vanilla" flavored yogurt
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust

In a bowl, fold yogurt into the whipped topping.  Spread into the crust, invert plastic crust cover onto your pie and place in the freezer for 4 or more hours. Allow about 5 - 10 minutes to thaw before trying to slice into it. 
Makes 8 servings! (4 points each)

**NOTE:  You can make different variations of this pie....for Key Lime Pie, trade out the coconut and vanilla flavored yogurt for Yoplait's Light Key Lime Pie flavor.  Or for a Banana Pie, use the Yoplait's Light Banana Cream Pie flavored yogurt.


Well, that is it.  I hope you enjoy the week.  I will probably report back in with a new post sometime this week since I will be off.  I look forward to sharing more of my life with you!  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment