Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm Ready For a New Century!

Oh, my fellow pumpkin lovers, I am happy to report that I am down another pound and 1/2 today!  However; I am only .4 pounds away from entering into a new century mark!  Yes, that is right.....POINT FOUR pounds away!  I weighed 5 times this morning hoping that I would break that double zero mark but had no luck so that is my goal next week....to enter the new century set of numbers! 

My week next week though, will have to be better than this week.  This week, no matter what I did, I couldn't curb my sweet tooth!  I tried everything, brushing my teeth, distracting myself, feeding myself something else, nothing helped.  I craved it all this week...peanut butter, chocolate, doughnuts, candy, you name it, I craved it.  No I am not pregnant just feeling slightly deprived I think.  Since I weighed in today, I have to admit; I satisfied my cravings tonight!  I have enjoyed some sweets tonight and I am going to bed praying I didn't hurt my goals.

This week has been very tiresome.  I am so glad it is finally Friday.  It is really difficult going back to work after being off an entire week.  This week has seemed like an eternity! 

Something funny; Thursday we had an awards ceremony for kids that passed state testing last year.  (This is a yearly awards program my school district does.  Each year, I get to ring the necks (I know ha, ha) of my former students with nice shiny medals if they passed the state testing while in my class.)  Usually the boys think it is so uncool to hug their former teacher.  So as I was ringing the kids I would ask them, "Do you want a hug or a fist bump?"  I was greatfully surprised when the most unlikely of students (the boys) were the ones that wanted hugs!  I just thought that was funny.  Usually you have to beg boys for any type of affection and here they were wanting those hugs.  I was so proud of them and their accomplishments and yet surprised that they weren't too cool to hug their former teacher.  Teaching is a wonderful profession.  I love my job.

Okay, so I know you love those recipes and I have a couple to share with you this week. 

Cheery Cherry Turnovers
Makes 8 servings at 3 points each

*1 can reduced fat crescent rolls
*8 Tblsp. Light Cherry Pie Filling (you can also do apple)
*8 tsp. Betty Crocker whipped butter cream frosting

Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into triangles as directed on he can.  Place 1 Tblsp. each of cherry pie filling on the end of each triangle and roll up as you would if baking crescent rolls directed on the can.  Bake as directed.  While still warm, spread 1 tsp. of the frosting on each turnover.  It melts and goes a long way.

Pizza Soup
Makes 8 (1 cup) servings at 5 points each

*1 can mushrooms stems and pieces (optional)
*1 green pepper chopped (optional)
*1 onion chopped (optional)
*64 oz. tomato juice
*1 can diced tomatoes
*1 (14 oz.) jar of pizza sauce
*70 turkey pepperoni, quartered
*1 (3 oz.) jar of Hormel bacon pieces
*2% part skim mozzarella shredded cheese (1/4 cup per bowl of soup)  If you choose not to use the cheese, the soup is 4 points per serving.

In a pan, spray Pam nonstick cooking spray.  Saute the mushrooms, pepper, and onion until soft over medium heat.  In a large soup pot, dump the sauted veggies along with all the other ingredients and stir to mix.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.  Simmer for 1/2 hour.  Top each serving with the 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.  Serve with a breadstick and a green salad for a complete meal (just remember to add in those points).

Hoping to break a century mark this next week!  Wish me luck!  Have a wonderful weekend and a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment