Friday, April 29, 2011

That's Life!

My desire to lose 4 pounds this past week added too much pressure.  I only lost 1 pound again.  I am up to 28.4 pounds.  This is becoming a very slow process and I am trying to figure out why.  I am reminding myself that this is a life change.  I have the rest of my life to lose this weight.  I am beginning to wonder if my pushing to meet a goal by July is making me deprive myself too much.  So I am going to try and eat some of the foods I ate when I first started the journey.  Maybe it is something I changed in my daily diet that is contributing to my slow losses recently.  I also have to admit I have been weighing everyday and maybe that is adding to the pressure too.  I wonder how much "pressure" weighs.  I will let you know next week after I weigh in.  It might surprise me to know that once I lose the pressure on myself, I might actually start losing better.

Some of the things I ate when I first started weight watchers were Italian Chicken (simple chicken breast marinated and baked in Fat Free Italian Dressing), BBQ pork chops, Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches, Salads with fat free dressing instead of Lite dressing, tomatoes, apples with peanut butter, and 100 calorie popcorn.  I am going back to those things this week.  We will see how things go.  I do have a birthday party to go to on Sunday, but I am prepared.  I will be taking the salad and myself a microwavable pizza so I can save some points.  I might eat a piece of cake.  Remember, self, this is a part of life.  There will always be holidays, birthdays, and weddings to celebrate......and we can't deprive ourselves from celebrating those occasions.  As long as we are not celebrating every single day, it is okay.  We celebrate, have fun, and then get right back on the wagon!

Now, on another note, I do have to say....for it to have been Easter weekend, I still lost a pound.  That chocolate bunny sat in my daughter's basket and laughed at me all week.  That's okay because tonight, I ate his ears off.  And you know.....you can tell you have been depriving yourself too much when even cheap and crappy chocolate tastes good.  If you are wondering why I ate chocolate, well for one I deserve it and two, because Fridays are the days I choose to spend my extra points allowance on the Weight Watcher's program.  Yes, I chose to spend some of those points attacking that chocolate critter hiding behind that candy carrot!  I will be glad when it is all gone, especially the chocolate!

I don't really have a recipe for you this week but I do have a few new products I have found:
*Thomas Bagels - mini pretzel bagels (4 points) These would be great dipped in Frito Lay cheese!
*Litehouse Yogurt made Dressings - (2 Tblsp. 1 point)
*Peeps - Freeze them!  They take longer to eat and satisfy a sweet tooth! (5 for 4 points)
*Chex Mix Chocolate Chunk Bars - (3 points)

Have a wonderful week and take some pressure off yourself!  I'm gonna try!  No more weighing every single day and no more telling myself, "You have to get 50 off by July".  I am hoping if I lose the pressure, it will help me lose the pounds!  Reverse psychology!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa I saw your message on the WW board and stopped by to check out your blog! Nice job!

    If weighing every day is stressful don't do it! Just focus on the healthy habits you are making and the weight loss will follow.

    Keep up the good work! Be sure and stop by and see my blog - I post healthy recipes with WWPP and do food finds and product reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    I saw your comment on the WW message boards, but now it seems to be gone?

    I really like your blog....I've marked it in my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't put yourself down--it is still a great accomplishment. Don't let this lifestyle change take your joy from your life with your beautiful daughter and husband. You are a beautiful person anyway.

    ReplyDelete