Friday, April 22, 2011

I Did It!

Hey all!
Well, last week I told you I was ready to break that century mark and yes.....I did it!  Not by much, which disappoints me, but I did it none the less.  I lost a pound this week.  I was expecting more than that, but sometimes we have those weeks.  I am looking back at my week to see what happened that caused me to have another slow week of weightloss.  (I know, I've lost 27.4 pounds and that is a lot.....I've actually lost my daughter in weight!)  I am thankful for how much I have lost and I am sure my body is just catching up again, but as everyone who has ever dieted knows, when this happens you have to look at what you did differently.  It is like an experiment....when the outcome isn't what you thought it would be, you have to look at your variables again. 


So I am now in week 11 (I think) which means I am becomming very comfortable with this change of eating habits and may be becoming a little too comfortable.  I have quit measureing things and am doing more judging by the eye, which could easily be masking some points I am not accounting for.  I also have been very busy, so I have been only exercising 2 days a week instead of 3 like I was.  I am eating a lot of the same things each week, which could be slowing my weightloss if my body is becoming accustomed to those foods.  And the worst thing, while my daughter is eating.....I am sneaking a bite here and a bite there.  I am trying to count those points but I don't really know how accurate I am.  I know why I do this....it is because I feed my daughter her supper before I cook mine and that is my "craving" time of the day. 


So how do I fix this?  I need to start preparing me some fruit for myself to nibble on while Emma is eating.  I need to get back to my 3 days of exercise.  I need to get back to measuring ALL foods.  I need to change my menu items up a bit.  Hopefully next week, I will be back on track.  Now, don't get me wrong....I don't expect a 4 pound loss every week but I at least expect 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each week.  So my goal this week is to fix all my messed up variables and we will see what happens.


So what is on my menu this week?


For breakfast this week, I am doing away with the banana burrito and eating more egg sandwiches (5 points), nutrigrain bars (3 points), or bagelfuls (5 points).  I will choose a different one each day.  I am also going to make sure to eat the yogurt I pack for myself.  I have been packing it but taking it back home instead of eating it.  I am wondering if yogurt has something in it that helps with weight loss.


For my lunches this week, I am going to eat more lunchmeat (turkey and swiss) sandwiches (6 points), carrots with dip (2 points), apples, and going back to my 100 calorie pack popcorn.  I have been taking a lot of green salads to work but again, haven't been measuring my dressing (or croutons), so this week I am substituting my green salad with a fruit instead and maybe saving my salads for supper when I have measuring spoons handy.


My suppers this week will consist of:
Sunday - Since Sunday is Easter and I am anticipating a larger lunch, I will allow myself points to eat maybe an egg sandwich for supper.


Monday - Kroger Brand Teriyaki Frozen Grilled and Ready Chicken Breasts (4 points) on top of 1 cup of Pasta Roni (5 points) with a side of garlic toast (4 points) and some sort of free vegetable.


Tuesday - My lower calorie version of Beef Stroganoff (original recipe in older post) (7 points), on top of 1 cup of egg noodles (5 points), topped with 2 tablespoons of Durkee French Fried Onions (2 points).


Wednesday- Salmon Georgia (original recipe in older post) (4 points), 1 cup rice (5 points), apple salad (2 points...recipe below), 1/4 Schwan's French Bread (4 points).


Thursday - Salmon Georgia (leftovers 4 points), 1 cup rice (5 points), green salad with lite dressing (2 points), and 1/4 Schwan's French Bread (4 points).


Notice that I end my week with 2 days of Salmon.  This is a ritual I just can not break.  1 - because it is soooooo good and 2 - because it is lower in sodium and that close to weigh in day it is important to watch my sodium intake. 


Of course, each day I get in my daily 64 ounces of water and sometimes more. 


Apple Salad
Serves 1 - 2points each
1 apple chopped
1 Tablespoon Fat Free Mayo
2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon sugar


Chop up your apple.  Add slivered almonds.  Mix together with the 1 Tablespoon of fat free mayo and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.  Enjoy.


This next recipe is perfect for Easter!  It is wonderful...sort of a souped up version of Banana Pudding!

Banana Split Salad
Makes 6 servings.  Serving size is 3/4c.

Each is 4 pts.1 box SF vanilla pudding
2/3 c nonfat dry milk
1 c water
1 c pineapple tidbits in own juice- drain but save juice
1/2 c FF Cool Whip
1 c diced banana
2 c sliced strawberries
2 TBSP chocolate chips
2 TBSP chopped pecans

In a bowl combine pudding, dry milk, water and reserved juice.
Mix well with a whisk.
Blend in Cool Whip then add pineapple, banana, strawberries, chocolate chips and pecans.
Mix gently to combine.
Cover and refrigerate.

Mix your bananas with a little lemon juice so they will not brown.
You can use crushed pineapple and it will turn out fine.

Well, hoping to have a great week and a wonderful Easter!  I am begging the candy cravings to please not enter this week!  It will be rough, but I can do this! 

That chocolate bunny with the good lookin' long chocolate ears may call out to me; I am hoping I can distract him with a bag of carrots!  Trying not to think about those little yellow peeps, chocolate eggs, and that handsome bunny.......trying to think only of that 4 pounds I want off next week! 

To all of you out there on this journey with me; Be strong!  Don't fall for those cute little eyes and sweet long ears - You will regret it!  Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment