Thursday, April 7, 2011

Really? It's Already Thursday?!

Geesh!  Where does the time go?!  I am now officially in summer mode.  This week has gotten me in the mood for SUMMER BREAK!  Not that I hate my job because I love my job, but because I simply like the idea of 'running on my own time'. 

The weekend flew by of course.  I can't even remember what we did, it went so fast.  Monday and Tuesday were "bummer" days for me.  I spent those days in and out of 4 different doctors' offices!  My thyroid levels are all out of whack, but since January when I was there last, I have lost officially 25 pounds.  I am hoping tomorrow when I step on the scales it shows that too.  Scales are very different from place to place.  But I can say, since I weighed on the same doctor's scales in January that I did on Tuesday.....my loss is officially 25 pounds!  Yay!  Go Me!!

Wednesday, I worked on putting together some LITE recipes for my Weight Watcher's personal cookbook.  I will be pulling recipes from it to share with you!  I am so excited to share all my found treasures!  These recipes help to keep my life normal on this weight loss journey.  I can not, absolutely, can not do away with preparing and enjoying dinner with my family so these recipes are a crucial component to my weight loss journey!  I can't wait to share either!

Today, I went to my parent's house.  They had my niece Layla, so I took a few pictures of Emma and Layla for Easter.  They turned out super cute!  I am posting my favorites below! 


Tomorrow, I plan to weigh in and then enjoy my last weekday of freedom!  I plan to surf the net, watch tv with Emma, and make the difficult decision to either nap or walk on the treadmill while Emma naps.  Hmmmm! 

I would really like to share what I am eating with you!  So on this week's shopping list will be items needed for the following recipes:  ENJOY!

Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Makes 6 servings – 8 points each

*1 lb. extra lean grown beef
*1 (15 oz.) can chunky Italian style tomato sauce
*Cooking spray
*1 (10 oz.) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
*1 ½ cups (6 oz.) shredded 2% skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Brown the meat in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until done.  Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated.  While meat cooks, coat a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.  Unroll pizza crust dough and press into the bottom and halfway up the side of baking dish.  Top bottom of pizza crust with the meat mixture.  Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.  Top with the cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.

*You can add 0 point veggies to make it more filling if desired such as mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomato slices, etc.



Shredded Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Makes 8 good size sandwiches for 6 points each

*3 large chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to make 6 pieces
*1 can Diet Dr. Pepper
*1 cup Barbecue sauce
*8 thin 100 calorie buns

Spray the inside of your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.  Place the chicken breast pieces in the crockpot.  Cover with the can of diet Dr. Pepper and the barbecue sauce.  Allow to cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred the chicken using two forks.

Divide out the pulled chicken into 8 equal servings.  Serve on a thin 100 calorie bun.


I will check back in tomorrow and report my official weekly total!  Thanks for visiting the pumpkin patch!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. Enjoy you sharing the recipes, too. Sorry the week has gone so quickly--that's what happens when we're having fun. Hope your medical issues are resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete