Saturday, February 19, 2011

Changing Mindset

Hello all!  Thanks for stopping by!  It has been a beautiful week!  We got to have recess outside this week and it is so wonderful to be outside when the sun is out!  It just reminds us that the Lord always changes things!  Just when we thought we couldn't take another day of winter, he opens the Heavens and lets the sun shine through!  It is promising to see the sunshine and buds beginning to appear on trees.  The Lord is making everything new!  This is my inspiration for this week.  I view my new adventure with Weight Watchers as a way the Lord can make me new. 

This week I lost 5 pounds!  Yayyyy! 

My goal is to lose at least 50 by July.  I have set that goal because my husband and I have decided Emma needs a little playmate.  Hopefully this desire will help keep me on track.  Right now, I am in the honeymoon stage of this diet adventure.  Everything is still new to me so it is easy to follow plan, but I know there will come a day when temptation will try to get the best of me. 

A few weeks ago, our school provided a professional development on changing our mindsets.  One of the terms used was "fixed mindset".  I think I can apply that term to my past experiences with diets!  I always go into it with the "fixed mindset" that I will fail at this just like every other time I have tried to lose weight.  I need to rid myself of that "fixed mindset" so I have been doing a little reading.  I have been reading a book I purchased the last time I attempted to diet but failed to read the book!  Imagine that!  The book is called "100 Days of Weight Loss" by Linda Spangle.  The first day's assignment hits that "fixed mindset"!  I think I will share a bit with you.

"Your past does not determine your future!"  Starting today I have to eliminate the belief that things always go a certain way and that I never meet my goals.  Whenever those doubts creep back in I am to say....

"I used to be that way, but now I'm different"!

My goal this week is to begin planing now for Mr. Temptation's visit. 

The book mentions writing in a journal your thoughts for the day.  I plan to allow that pen to hit the paper with every tempation that I have.  When my daughter is walking around with a cookie.....when cookies and cakes appear at work......when I get home from work and want to crash, I will go looking for my trusty pen and paper.  If I have to write "I used to be that way, but now I'm different" 100 times on that paper, I will, just to push Mr. Temptation aside! 

This is my plan and I have good reason to stick with this!  My life and the life of a desired healthy baby is depending on this!  Dear Lord, give me the strength I need to stick with this and not give up!  Help me to change my "fixed mindset" and believe in myself!  I know I can do this!

Now, I know some of you out there are not in a journey like me where you are watching what you eat, but some of you may be.  I thought I would take this time to share with you some of my favorite things I have eaten this week.

*Jello Sugar Free Rice Pudding Cups Creme Brulee Flavored - 2 pts a cup
*Weight Watchers Frozen French Toast and Turkey Sausage links - 7 pts. a meal
*100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn - 3 pts.
*Lettuce, tomato, 1 tsp. imitation bacon bits, and 2 Tablespoons Fat Free French Dressing - 1 pt. a salad
*Weight Watchers string cheese with 1 cup red grapes - 1 pt.
*6 oz. chicken breast marinated in Fat Free Italian Dressing served with 1 cup rice - 10 pts.
*Jif Peanut Butter to Go cup with 1 apple sliced - 7 pts.

More to come as I continue this journey! 

If you have a "fixed mindset" that you always fail at something, you will fail again!  Change your way of thinking and believe in yourself!  If you do what you have always done, you will get the same results!  I can do this and so can you!  Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment