Saturday, February 5, 2011

Give em' the old 1-2-3!

Good morning all!  Spring has sprung, flowers blooming, birds chirping outside my window....ahhh I love Spring!  Oh, wait a minute, I was dreaming....I'm awake now.  Sorry but when you wake to the weather forecast we have for this week, it is easy to daydream about the days of Spring!  We are being hit with a whopping 1-2-3!  I don't think this Winter will ever end!  Watched my weatherwoman this morning and to speak quite honestly, I was ready to jump through the television and strangle the poor woman!  The forecast is much the same as it has been since the end of November....Snow!  Uggh!

We are expecting this freezing rain, we are currently getting, to switch over to snow today with possible 1 - 3 inch accumulations.  Then round number 2 comes our way tomorrow night with yet another 1 - 3 inches possible through Monday night.  As if that wasn't enough, round 3 hits us Wednesday night with more snow accumulations possible!  It truly is a 1-2-3 punch in the gut!  I like snow days but I'm done with them for this year!  I have seen the adjustments to the school calendar for making up the days we have already missed, and I am already having to go up to June 2.  If we miss this week too, each day is another day of my summer break lost! 

Now, this weather forecast is good for only one thing.....it gave me an idea for a theme of 3's!  I know that the Superbowl is this weekend and though I don't get into football, I do love to host parties and cook for others!  I thought I would share 3 recipes that you could serve at your Superbowl Party.  These 3 recipes, I have made and served at different parties in the past.  All 3 are wonderful for groups of people and are great fingerfoods that allow people to mingle during half-time (if they aren't watching the half-time show)!  Okay, so the recipes I am sharing with you are Veggie Pizza, Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Dogs, and Cheesy Sausage Dip.  Let's get to it!

ONE!

Veggie Pizza
You need: 
*1 (10 oz.) refrigerated crescent roll or pizza crust
*1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
*1 (8 oz.) bottle of ranch salad dressing
*1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*assorted raw veggies, cut into small pieces (broccoli, tomatoes, celery, carrots, etc..)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Press crescent roll or pizza crust on bottom of a 15 x 10 inch pan.  Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool.  IN a small bowl combine the cream cheese, parmesan, and ranch dressing mixing well.  Spread over cooled crust and top with assorted raw veggies.  Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours before serving.  Cut into pieces and serve.  Refrigerate leftovers.


TWO!

Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Dogs
You Need:
*1 pkg. cocktail wieners or smokies (Hillshire Farms)
*1 lb. thin-sliced bacon
*1 cup brown sugar

Cut bacon in strips just long enough to wrap wieners.  Use a toothpick to hold bacon in place.  Bake in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.  Sprinkle the brown sugar over the wieners and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bacon is beginning to cook.  You may end up with enough bacon for another half pkg of cocktail wieners or smokies.  I usually buy 2 pkgs. and have some left over.

THREE!

Cheesy Sausage Dip
You Need:
*1 lb. hot sausage
*1 can Rotel tomatoes
*1 large box Velveeta cheese, cubed
*Nacho Chips

Brown sausage in skillet on top of stove and drain.  In a crockpot place the cubes of Velveeta cheese, the can of Rotel tomatoes, and the browned sausage.  Set on high till melted.  Stir often to help melt.  When it is melted set on low or warm to keep melted.  Serve with Nacho Chips.

Well there you have it....3 wonderful recipes to get your Superbowl Party rolling! 

And for all you ladies out there that don't really watch the game but love to get together and gab while your husbands watch the game...here's an idea for you!  While your men are watching football, you can exchange recipes.  Coming on my next post is an idea for storing all your favorite tried and true recipes!  After the game you and your friends can plan on getting together to "Scrap" your recipes into an album for safe-keeping.  Now, I know you all have your favorite recipes out there and they are in several different books or crammed into a box.....My next post will show you a way to put all your favorites in one place so that when Great Aunt Susie asks for your special banana bread recipe, you know exactly where to find it and don't have to spend your entire morning searching through all your recipe books trying to remember which one it was in!  So please check back and that post may come sooner than later, because if I have a few days off from school this week....you can believe I will be posting more often! 

Enjoy the game and swapping those recipes!  Catch my next post!  You won't want to miss it!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be watching tomorrow's game (Go Steelers!) and will try to make the veggie pizza. It sounds delicious!!! I'm really enjoying your blog, Melissa! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete