Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm Lovin It!

Hello all!  I have to say, I am loving the new Weight Watcher's program!  I feel like I am eating all the time and still not able to eat all my points for the day.  I know you don't want to read about diet foods again and I promise to get to something else....but I do want to share one thing.  In my last post I gave myself a challenge for this week and it was to prepare for Mr. Temptation.  I found something that seems to be working for me.  Since I have a 2 year old daughter, I also have plenty of little hair bands.  I found a pink one and a blue one.  They are the exact same size as a ring.  I am wearing both colors on my ring finger of my food eating hand.  I chose to wear pink and blue to remind me of why I am doing this (future hopeful baby) and I put it on my food eating hand so that each time my hand goes to my mouth, I will be reminded of my goal.  Just thought I would share with all of you out there.  A long time ago, Weight Watchers sold a bracelet that you could wear and this is sort of the same concept.  And the best part.......if I happen to cheat or refuse to pay attention to the bands on my finger.....I can always SNAP myself with the bands later when I regret doing what I did!  Like I said...working like a charm!  (so far!)

I have to share something my daughter did tonight.  She is just impressing daddy and me so much with her language development.  Tonight was daddy's night to give a bath but I could hear them talking (one of those things I love to hear).  The phone rang and the caller ID said Massachusettes.  I just spoke outloud, "Massachusettes?"  I answered but got hung up on.  I then said outloud to myself, "Who in the world would be calling us from Massachusettes?"  I then heard my daughter say as plain as day, "Massachusettes".  I was so impressed.  A 2 year old who can correctly pronounce Massachusettes with all the correct syllables.....WOW!  I am one proud mama!

I would like to share a wonderful recipe with you.  This recipe is one I will miss doing this diet.  And it is definately one that, if I made these right now, would result in a lot of SNAPPING of bands....if you know what I mean! 

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Pastry Cookies
*1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
*1 package 8oz. cream cheese
*3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
*1 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, divided (or any flavor chips)

Roll 1 sheet puff pastry to 14x10 inch rectangle on floured surface.  Combine cream cheese and sugar in small bowl.  Spread 1/2 cream cheese mixture over puff pastry, leaving 1 inch border on 1 long side.  Sprinkle with 1/2 chocolate chips.  Roll up, starting at the long side covered with cream cheese.  Seal the edge by dampening with water.  Repeat with the remaining ingredients on the 2nd sheet of puff pastry.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.  Cut the rolls cross wise into 1 inch chick slices.  Place cut side up on parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes.  Cool completely.  Makes 2 dozen.

Enjoy the remainder of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment