Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love is in the air.....

Well, I thought I would get that perfect Valentine's Day gift idea to you so you can begin working on it over the weekend.  I am feeling a little under the weather and am hoping this yucky icky sinus mess will clear up sooner than later!  I began coming down with it last night....but what can I expect when I had 7 kids out of 21 absent today at school.  Not only that, but others were complaining about not feeling well and running low grade fevers....ugh!  I guess in my line of work, it is expected that I will catch everything that passes through my classroom door! 

Anyway..back to love...that makes me feel a little better!  As you know Monday is Valentine's Day!  I think men are so difficult to buy for don't you?  I mean, come on...it would be great if they were into cooking and candles and jewelry but no....they have to be difficult!  A few years ago I began dating my now husband.  He is the man's man.  Not really into anything except music and sports!  So what do you get a "man's man" for Valentine's Day?  For our first Valentine's Day together as a couple, I gave him the absolute perfect gift and have not been able to top it since.  We both were eating candy and snack food all the way up through July!  This idea is sure to earn you some brownie points with your man! 

First, I bought a large basket....actually I couldn't find a cute basket big enough so I got a large wicker laundry basket.

I then went and purchased all the candy bars and snacks (listed below).  I tried to buy the supersize candybars when I could or bags of minis when I could that way, the gift kept on giving for most of the year. 

I wrote each sentiment on strips of paper.  I attached each sentiment with the corresponding candy or snack.  I then filled the basket with all the snacks I had.  He was so surprised to see how much time and effort I had put into this gift!  And might I add.....he loved me a little more each time he dug into that basket looking for a treat!  (although I don't understand why after such a thoughtful gift...he waited 2 years to ask me to marry him!?  Oh, well....we are married now and all is great!)

*If you are a woman who has been happily married to your man for many years, maybe this gift could add a little spark.
*If you are a woman who has been happily married for just a few years, maybe this gift will remind him of why he married you.
*If you are a newlywed, well...life is still bliss for you....it wouldn't matter what you got your man but if you did this he would appreciate it!
*If you are trying to land your man...I can't make any promises but I will say that each time he digs in the basket he will grow a little more fond of you and maybe he will see how much he loves you!
*If you are a man of any age reading this....good for you....your woman would love the fact that you put so much time into something so meaningful and sentimental!

Here it is:
Enjoy!

 
Caramello – “I care so much about you!”
Snickers – “Your love makes me snicker!”
Skittles – “Your love brightens my day like a beautiful rainbow!”
Moon Pie – “Your kisses send me to the moon!”
Milky Way – “I love the way you love me!”
Sugar Daddy – “You will always be my sugar daddy!”
Butterfingers – “You still give me butterfingers!”
Zero – “You prove everyday that you are no zero!”
Crush Drink – “You are my one true crush!”
Coke – “You are the real thing!”
Gold Fish Crackers – “Out of all the fish in the sea, I’m glad you picked me!”
Sweetarts – “You’ll always be my sweetheart!”
Almond Joy – “You bring my life great joy!”
Symphony – “You make my life a symphony!”
Reese’s Pieces – “I love you to pieces!”
Reese’s Cups – “We go together perfectly like peanut butter and chocolate!”
Chocolate Riesen Candies – “You are my reason for living!”
Bit ‘O Honey – “You are my bit o’ honey!”
Kisses – “I always love your kisses!”
Hugs – “Your hugs make me melt!”
Werther’s Candies – “You were worth the wait!”
Junior Mints – “You were meant for me!”
Red Hots – “I think you are so hot!”
Payday – “I am nuts about you!”
100 Grande – “Your love is worth so much more than 100 grand!”
Gummy Bears – “You are my teddy bear!”
Laffy Taffy – “I love the way you make me laugh!”
Mr. Goodbar – “You’ll always be my Mr. Goodbar!”
Lifesavers – “You are my lifesaver!”
Goobers – “I love that you are my handyman and not some big goober!”
Hershey’s Bliss candies – “Your love is true bliss!”


Good luck everyone.....Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment