Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fitness Friday....yeah I know I'm late!

I have finally found my mojo again!  I was beginning to worry that I had lost it and would never find it ever again!  I have regained my desire and excitement for exercise.  Guys, I know what you are thinking, "Wish I could."  You can!  It is hidden somewhere deep inside you.  I promise it is there!  Have you looked at my before weight loss picture??  That girl never wanted to even put her pinkie toe on a treadmill or even hear the word exercise.  I dreaded it every day!  Actually I just chose not to do it.  I've been there, right there, where you may be.  The television looked more fun than getting on that treadmill or lacing up those shoes.  But somewhere, I promise your mojo is hidden.  You just have to look for it.  Once you get started it becomes addicting. 

One sure fire way to find it, is to find a favorite high powered CD to listen to.  Make a goal to work out the entire CD and not stop until the last song is played.  I am ashamed to admit this but my workout CD is Madonna:  Confessions on the Dance Floor.  I don't even like Madonna but this particular CD has all upbeat high power songs that help me really get my groove on.  I make an effort to walk to the beat.  The songs are arranged in a perfect order, starting off somewhat fast which allows me to warm up.  Then after a couple of songs, there are about 4 or 5 really upbeat songs that I can speed up to, which really gets my heart pumping. 

When you set a goal to work out to the entire CD, your time flies by and before you know it, you've walked 3 miles!  When you realize you can do it, then you want to see if you can do it again.  Then you find yourself pushing your body even more saying, "maybe today, I can go just a tad faster."  Your mojo is there hiding.....just look for her!

Now, if you are anything like me, work keeps you from working out in the morning.  I usually don't hit the treadmill till around 4:00 pm which is a great opportunity for me to refuel with a good exercise worthy snack as soon as I get home from work.  I found a great article on good energizing foods that are great pre-workout.  You can find the article here:

http://www.fullcircle.com/goodfoodlife/2013/01/09/5-great-foods-to-make-the-most-of-your-workout/#s.aeafx3ldybaaa

Have an awesome week.......you and your mojo!  Happy walking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment