Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday: Peanut Butter Power Sticks

Here we are again!  It's Weight Loss Wednesday!  I thought tonight I would share some major food changes I have made.  I am really working hard at incorporating more whole grains into my diet as well as more fruits.  I also have been eating a lot more peanut butter.  I love to put 1 Tablespoon of creamy peanut butter on a mini bagel for a breakfast worth 6 points.  It is very filling and hold me over till lunch.  I also love to spread 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter onto a banana for a light snack after a good power walk.  For some reason, I have it in my head, peanut butter and exercise go together.  So when I stumbled across the following recipe on the Weight Watcher's website, I was very excited because not only does it say "power" in the name itself, it does indeed, include my favorite.....Peanut Butter!  I have not tried these yet, but am very anxious to do so!  I think they would make a great breakfast!  I am not sure who posted this recipe but it was found on the message boards and I can't take credit for it!  Enjoy!  I give you.......


 
Peanut Butter Power Sticks
Prepare these in triple batches and keep them in the freezer for up to eight weeks. They make power-packed breakfasts in a flash.

1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
3 tbsp honey
2/3 cup corn flakes -- crushed
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder

Knead ingredients together. Form into 6 sticks and wrap individually in wax paper. Store in an airtight container.

Recipe yields 6 servings.

Per Serving: 184 Calories; 11g Fat (49.5% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 159mg Sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment