Sunday, January 20, 2013

Yup, Life Has Gotten in the Way Again

I know, I missed my Weight Loss Wednesday post and my Fitness Friday post and I have to apologize to my loyal fans.  You know, I have been told that when life hands you lemons to make lemonade.....but I have been handed a bunch of rotten lemons.  What do I do now?  I have had a miserable week.  I have some personal things going on in my life that really have me down.  I have questioned over and over what to do but I guess, the best thing to do is to just hand it all over to God and let Him take care of it.  Do you know how hard it is to do that????  I am a control freak and God knows that about me, yet He continues to place me in situations that I just can't control.  I realize that all diamonds become diamonds through heat, pressure, and chiseling.  I would like to think that every situation and trial I face, it is just God's way of beautifying me as a rare diamond!  Anyways I am putting both my Weight Loss Wednesday post and Fitness Friday post all in one along with something a little extra!  My daughter's LaLa Loopsy birthday party was yesterday and I am excited to share some photos!

So for Weight Loss Wednesday I am sharing one of my favorite chicken recipes.  I love making this with frozen shoestring fries that I bake in the oven (and I always count out my serving size)!  The chicken reminds me of the Alice Springs Chicken from Outback steakhouse.  Here you go!

Honey House Chicken
Makes 6 servings at 8 points plus each

You need:
*3 large chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each) sliced in half to create 6 thinner pieces of chicken.
*12 Tablespoons of Kraft Light Honey Dijon Dressing (2 Tblsp per breast)
*6 slices of cooked crisp bacon ( I use Schwan's precooked bacon slices)
*1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place the chicken breasts in a sprayed casserole dish.  Cover with the dressing (2 tablespoons for each breast).  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until chicken is well done.  Pull out of the oven.  Break each piece of bacon in half.  Place 2 half pieces of bacon on each chicken breast and sprinkle evenly with the cheese (making sure to evenly divide the cheese amongst the 6 breasts).  Place under the broiler till cheese is melted.  Enjoy with fries, veggies, baked potato or rice but remember to add in those points!

And for the Fitness Friday tip:
I saw on Pinterest (love, love, love my Pinterest) an idea for motivation in exercise.  One day I was having an even more difficult time than usual convincing myself to go walk on the treadmill.  I checked out fitness motivation on Pinterest.  I saw the coolest idea that was so simple to do!!!  I don't know why I didn't think of it before.  Now this tip is a little bit of a challenge for us girls that don't usually carry cash around and rely on debit cards, but I am determined to find a way to use this idea!  The idea was to designate a bank or jar to collect money in.  Every time you work out, you put a designated amount into the bank or jar.  The suggestion was 1$ but you could do as much as you want really.  Think about this.....if you work out 100 times, that's 100$ to spend on yourself as a reward.  Ummmm, I'm thinking a massage!!!  LOL!  If you do 5$, you get rewarded even quicker after 20 workouts!  I think that would be motivation right there!  Now to just find a way to get rid of the habit of the debit card and keep a little more cash around.  I wonder if Pinterest can help me with that one??

Now onto the coolest, cutest birthday party I've ever seen!!!  My daughter absolutely loves her LaLa Loopsy dolls!  She has about 8 of them and sleeps with a different one every night!  How in the world, she doesn't end up with a lot of bumps and bruises from the LaLa Loopsy's hard head is beyond me, but it's her thing!  She loves each one.  It has become routine for me to ask her, "Which one is sleeping with you tonight?"  She will trade them out and then talk to them till she falls asleep.  The LaLa Loopsy theme was perfect because I am a crafter!  I have yarn and buttons all on hand.  I also found a perfect cake pattern that was so simple even I could pull it off, though I had doubts at times.  I spent a lot of time searching Pinterest for anything and everything with sprinkles and LaLa Loopsy.  I found some of the cutest ideas and decided to do some of my own!  It was the perfect party for my perfect little beautiful 4 year old!!!

The super simple LaLa Loopsy Cake I made!

Confetti Cocktails complete with honey wheat pretzels dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles, oreos dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles, large marshmallows dipped in pink chocolate and sprinkles and animal crackers dipped in pink and white chocolate and sprinkles, topped off with a colorful and playful straw!


The tables were covered with fabric scraps roped and tied together, fabric yo-yo's, buttons, balls of yarn, and homemade pin cushions!
 

My birthday girl!
 
 
The cake and punch table!  I tied fabric scraps around a string of white lights and attached it to the table.  I also made pink punch out of pink lemonade, lemon-lime soda, and raspberry sherbet.
 
Cousins playing around and enjoying being dressed up as LaLa Loopsy dolls!
 
I also made homemade cupcakes to go with the cake!  The table needed more pink and of course, sprinkles!!! 
 
My Cake Recipe
Melt 1 stick of real unsalted butter.  Real butter makes the difference!  Add a box cake mix, 1 cup water, and 3 eggs.  Mix on low for 1 minute then on high an additional minute.  Pour into pans greased or sprayed (I use nonstick spray) or cupcake wrappers and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Allow to cool.  Serves 24. 
 
My Icing Recipe
In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, whip 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter (use real butter), 2 cups powdered sugar, and 3 tablespoons of half and half until fluffy.  Stir in 1 tsp of vanilla or almond extract (I used almond) and a pinch of salt.  If you are coloring your icing you can add the coloring to your liking.  (For the cake I used actual cake coloring from Wilton but for the cupcakes I just used regular red food coloring....both worked equally well but I would suggest the Wilton for more unique colors you can't get from food coloring in a box).  Mix all until well blended.  Frost your cake or cupcakes using a spatula or a pastry bag.
 
I also served Birthday Cake Popcorn which I found the recipe for on, yet again, Pinterest!  I couldn't have done this party without my Pinterest!  So until we meet again....have a great week and let's cross our fingers that I will be able to hear God telling me what to do in my situation and pray I listen!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment