Friday, January 4, 2013

Well, It's Fitness Friday!

This is the first post for Fitness Friday and I have been doing a little research on exercise and metabolism.  When I hurt my knee back in October, I slipped off the bandwagon.  Back in the summer I was running/walking 4 miles.  I prepared for The Color Run in October.  Just before the race, I decided to get down in the floor and do push ups.  As I was getting up, I heard both knees pop and I had trouble putting weight on them.  The left was worse than the right.  I slowly worked into a walk but was lacking flexibility in my left knee.  I threw on some "Flexall" and did the 5K anyway.  Afterall, this was a celebration for losing 100 pounds and I wasn't about to pass up that opportunity.  I did it and beat my own record time for 3 miles.  However; it has taken me 3 months to get back to normal and I know my knee will never be back to 100% normal.  The bad part is that I got into the habit of not walking and now my motivation is just not where I want it.

So, with all that being said, I decided to do this post to help myself get motivated again.  I figure if I research it and read about some tips, that I might get motivated to get back into the groove.  I will admit that it is not easy to convince myself to get up off the couch and walk.  Hopefully, this blog will help motivate both me and you to do so.  I keep repeating a quote over and over in my head....."You have to sweat like a pig to look like a fox."  Seems it is the only thing that gives me a little drive.  LOL!

In my research I stumbled across a pinned article from Prevention.  I want to share with you the article that has intrigued me.  This article points out that it isn't about how much you exercise but the timing of your exercise.  Exercising in the first 30 minutes after waking and before breakfast revs your metabolism.  To set this idea in stone for me, I then heard it mentioned on The Today Show the other morning, that you should exercise at least 8 minutes before doing anything else in the mornings.  So, twice I heard the same information from two different resources.  I am planning on trying this.  I woke up early yesterday and got in a mile before getting ready for work.  I did have a lot of energy all day and it felt good to be able to just come home and lounge without having to worry about convincing myself to get on that treadmill.  I encourage you to read the article from Prevention.  You can read it here.  I wish you luck in finding your motivation!  Good luck!  Oh and BTW, I lost 4 pounds this week!

Here's that article:
http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/weight-loss-tips-reset-your-body-clock-belly-melt-diet

No comments:

Post a Comment