Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday: Food Finds New to Me

Hey all!  I am super excited about this post for Weight Loss Wednesday!  Saturday, when I went to the grocery I found some new foods for me to try.  Some of you out there may be thinking, "Those aren't new!"  But they are new to me considering I have never eaten them before!  I am eager to share, so let's get started!!!!
 
Now, this stuff is awesome!  I didn't think I would like it.  But I absolutely love this stuff!  I can drink it out of the carton!  I have been using it in a lot of my smoothies this week.  I have made a homemade fruit and veggie smoothie each day this week.  I like the idea of getting several fruits and veggies in one shebang!!!  1 cup of the Almond Coconut milk is 60 calories and has more calcium than regular milk!  Win, win, if you ask me!

 
I have enjoyed traditional LUNA bars for over a year.  A year ago, when having routine blood work done, I was told that I had low iron.  I didn't want to take an iron supplement so I decided to start looking for foods that contained more iron than usual....low and behold.....I found LUNA!  Traditional LUNA bars run me about 5 weight watchers points though they are well worth it because they curb my sweet cravings and they are very filling.  But when I found these babies, I almost did cartwheels right there in the store!  You get the same amount of folic acid, calcium, and iron as the traditional LUNA but for less points.  These are only 3 points compared to the 5 and they taste just like a peanut butter cookie with a hint of strawberry jam!  They come in 3 flavors that I have found; peanut butter strawberry (my fave), blueberry vanilla, and chocolate raspberry.  YUMMY!

 
Okay, I know these are not new but I have always been a mayo in tuna kind of girl so when these Tuna Creations first came out, I was scared to try them.  Last week however; Kroger ran an ad that advertised the tuna packs for 99 cents.  Of course, they didn't have the plain old chunk light tuna in water and I wasn't about to pay more for tuna so I decided to be a brave girl and try the sweet and spicy tuna creations.  OMG!!!!!  My new love!  I will never go back to eating regular plain Jane tuna with mayo unless I absolutely have to!  I can open this package and just dig in.  It comes in several other flavors but had varying calorie amounts.  I decided to go with this one because it was on the lower end and came out to be 2 points for the whole pack.  I think I will also try the lemon pepper flavored one too since it has a few less calories than this one.  But this one is definitely a keeper!

 
Skinny Cow Candies are not new, but these divine filled chocolates are.  They come in two different fillings:  Caramel and Peanut Butter (which actually has the consistency of caramel with the taste of peanut butter).  I have to be honest, these things are heaven in a box!  They are sort of costly though on Weight Watchers.  4 points is a lot to pay for candy but I guess when the sweet tooth is calling, it does the trick and is worth every point!  Peanut Butter ended up being my favorite flavor, though the caramel is good too!

 
This one, I know has been around a while.  I have read so much about PB2 on the Weight Watcher's message boards but could never find this stuff to even try it.  I found it finally at Kroger in the health food aisle but was scared to pay the price for something I had never tried.  A friend and coworker of mine told me that her mother uses it all the time and graciously brought me a serving of the regular PB2.  It's ok, but it is an acquired taste.  I mean it isn't awful or anything, just when I want Peanut Butter, I want Peanut Butter!  I decided to buy the PB2 chocolate flavor and it is also just ok.  I will finish the container and will probably buy it again just because real peanut butter is so costly in points.  I must warn you though, it really is an acquired taste and I recommend sampling it first before buying if you can.  I know a lot of people who love it and use it in just about everything!
 
I told you earlier that I have been making a homemade smoothie each morning and taking it to work with me for breakfast.  I want to share what I usually put in it!
 
*Handful of baby spinach
*1 Carb Master Kroger brand yogurt (prefer fruit flavored ones rather than dessert flavored ones)
*1 banana
*1 apple or clementine
*1 cup of frozen blueberries or strawberries
*1/2 cup of almond breeze milk
*3 ice cubes
 
Blend in the blender and enjoy!
 
Really you can get creative and change this up with peaches, pineapple, kiwi, or any other fruit you like.  I even thought cucumber and cantaloupe or watermelon would be good....that is one I will definitely have to try!
 
Have an awesome rest of the week and I will see you Friday for Fitness Friday!  Till Then! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the skinny cow peanut clusters....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have loved every skinny cow candy I have tasted! The divine filled chocolates though have become a favorite....but then again, I am a lover of Reese Cups and Caramello Candy Bars!!!! You must try these new chocolates!!! :)

      Delete