Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to Work and I'm Beat!

This morning my school was on a 1 hour delay.  It is amazing how when you get a call at 5:30 am telling you that you don't have to be at work till an hour later than usual, your mind doesn't let you go back to sleep!  I did however have more time to enjoy my morning coffee! 

I am so tired, and am wondering if it is because I woke so early or if it can be contributed to today being the first day I have worked in a few days!  Whatever the reason, I am beat and will be hitting the hay a little earlier tonight!

I want to share with you a great recipe that I really like.  I don't make it very often because no one in my house eats pineapple but me.  When I was expecting my daughter, I craved pineapple.  A family member gave me a recipe similar to this one.  This recipe for Scalloped Pineapple is a great potluck dish that you can take to church or a brunch!  This particular recipe was taken from The Loveless Cafe (from Nashville, TN) cookbook.

Here goes:

Scalloped Hot Pineapple

1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained but with some juice, reserve 4 Tablespoons juice in a bowl for later use.
1 (16 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 Tablespoons pineapple juice (from the draining process)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Put the pineapple in a 1 - quart casserole dish with the cheese.  Mix together the sugar, flour, and pineapple juice.  Blend wel.  Pour over the pineapple.  In a skillet melt the butter and add the crushed crackers.  Stir until the butter is absorbed and the cracker crumbs are coated.  Pour the cracker mix on top of the pineapple mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes.  This recipe makes 4 - 6 servings.

Hopefully you will be able to make this dish and enjoy it more often than I get to.  It sounds weird but is so divine!

Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment