Saturday, January 15, 2011

I am amazed...

My daughter, who will be 2 this Friday, amazes me.  She is like this little intelligent extra absorbing sponge!  She has learned yet another letter in the alphabet tonight.  She now knows letters A, B, C, D, E, H, I, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, and Y.  She is already counting things like our steps that lead into the laundry room, as we climb them together.  Every night I ask her, "How many vitamins do you get?"  She answers, "Two!"  I then say, "If you eat one, how many do you have left?"  She will answer, "One!"  She follows directions well too.  I can tell her to help me clean up her toys and she does.  She places each toy in its correct place.  She knows where her books go and where her toys go.  I can tell her to take things to her room and she does.  I caught her today sitting in her play tent pretending to read a book.  I asked her, "What are you doing?"  She said, "Mommy, look, I'm reading."  She knows every farm animal and what sound it makes and knows some zoo animals too.  It just amazes me that she is so quick to learn things.  I am so proud of everything she is and will become in life.  I look forward to discoveries and accomplishments she will make in her life.  It saddens me that I will be at work on her birthday.  I know she may not realize it is her birthday but I will.  Time has just flown for me.  It seems as if just yesterday I had her.  I am so very proud to be her mother.  She is my greatest accomplishment in life.  I truly am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment