Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowcream White Hot Chocolate

It is snowing heavily!  I gave up on the driveway.  My arms and hands are sore and tender. We are expecting up to 6 inches today through ten o'clock tonight.  I am out of school today with another snow day and will most likely have another one tomorrow.  I already have plans to clean tomorrow and get ready for my little one's big birthday bash! 

I don't look forward to cleaning but do look forward to hosting a "swinging" party with our monkey birthday theme. 

Now, today sounds like a great day to make hot chocolate and snuggle up with a good book or a good movie.  I did promise the awesome hot chocolate recipe that I made for Christmas this year.  It is wonderfully good.  If you have ever made snow cream, this cocoa tastes exactly like snow cream only warm!  Here it is and I am sharing more pictures of my beautiful birthday girl!

SNOWCREAM WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
you need:
* 2 cups of whipping cream
* 6 cups of milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.  Heat on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot.  Stir well to blend before serving.  Makes 10 servings.  Serve with french vanilla marshmallows for extra richness. 

I also want to share my Monkey Mix Party Mix that I made for my adult guests' goodie bags that attend Emma's party. 

MONKEY MIX
you need:
* 1/2 box banana nut Cheerios
* 1/2 box honey grahms cereal
* 1 whole box of honey nut Chex
* 1 1/2 jars of salted macadamia nuts
*3/4 bag of the butter flavored pretzels
* 2 cups dried banana chips
* 1 bag of white chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients in a large roasting pan except the chocolate chips.  Melt 1/2 bag of chocolate chips in a ziplock bag for 1 minute and 20 seconds.  Mush with your hand to completely melt all the chocolate.  Cut a tiny corner off one corner and allow chocolate to drizzle over mix working your hands back and forth to evenly dispurse chocolate.  Allow the chocolate to set up.  Break into bite size pieces.  Scoop out the top of the mixture that is drizzled and place in bags for storing.  Melt the remaining chips the same way, in a second bag and drizzle again on the rest of the monkey mix that missed drizzling the first round.  Allow to set up, break apart, and store in bags.  I was able to make 16 bags with 1 1/2 cups of mixture in each.

And pictures of my birthday girl!






Have a wonderful day all!  Stay warm!  Brrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment