Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome to The Pink Pumpkin!

This is my first post!  I am new at blogging but hopefully will enjoy this adventure!  I named this blog with my daughter in mind....pink because, well, she's a girl!  And Pumpkin because everynight before she goes to bed she will say, "Love you" and I always say, "I love you pumpkin!"  I thought it was catchy!  Yesterday I took pictures of Emma with my camera that I got for Christmas.  I am sharing some of my favorite pictures!





Emma's Second Birthday Party Planning is well underway!  We are going with the Pink Mod Monkey Theme!  I have made some adorable chocolate monkey suckers for the guests!  A picture of the monkey suckers is below!
 I also made a Happy Birhday Banner from Scrapbooking Paper!  It was super easy but time consuming!  I am sharing the site which gave me the wonderful idea!
http://kingdomfirstmom.com/2010/01/homemade-birthday-banner-craft.html


Last night I tried a new recipe that was quite tasty!  It was for Manwich Casserole.  Now, I know it sort of sounds heavy and unappetizing but upon tasting I discovered it was really good!  The crescent rolls add a unique sweetness and combines well with the zesty Manwich!  The recipe is below!

Manwich Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
1 can Manwich
2 cans crescent rolls
2 pkgs. shredded cheese

Heat oven according to biscuit instructions. Brown ground beef. Add Manwich and simmer. In baking dish cover bottom of dish with a layer of crescent rolls, then a layer of cheese. Add Manwich mixture. Top with a layer of cheese and the last can of crescent rolls. Bake according to instructions on crescent rolls. Let cool 5 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging Melissa. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have these past few years. Love the photos of your daughter. We had snow last night too and the rain is trying to destroy it now. So much slush. Blessings from one of the Mennonite Girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a first time visitor to your blog---from 3cherrycokes---I can't wait to read more. Just to let you know, all three cherry cokes are related to the kingdomfirstmom. Thank you for letting us know about your beautiful website.

    ReplyDelete