Monday, January 17, 2011

"Lunchpooling"

You've heard of carpooling.....let me introduce you to a neat idea my friend and I do everyday called "Lunchpooling"!  It is the same concept of carpooling only you do it with lunches.  She and I decided to do this one day when we were discussing what we were bringing for lunch the next day.  We take turns bringing the main meal while the other person brings sides or we will take turns packing each other's entire lunch.  It makes it interesting and is a good way to save money in the long run because we all know that if we don't pack, we buy!  Tomorrow, I am in charge of our lunch.  I am packing for both of us, bar-b-que on bun, chips, cole slaw, jello, and a slice of lemon cake.  Wednesday, she will pack for both of us.  We have a lot of fun discussing and planning out what we are bringing.  It is just a way to make packing lunches more fun and interesting.  I highly recommend you try it.  Choose a friend that has similar food interests as you and start planning.  We usually discuss the next day's lunch before we leave school or we call each other the previous night.  Try it and let me know if it changes your lunch habits!

Tonight, I am so glad my daughter went down to sleep.  She needed to hit the hay early tonight.  I love birthdays but sometimes they come with a price.  As you all know, she will turn 2 this Friday.  Unfortunately, I believe she has hit the terrible twos....at least today she exhibited terrible two behavior.  I got "shushhed" about a million times today, told "no" several times, and tonight as I was fighting with her to put on her pajamas she told me to, "shup mommy".  Which in baby talk, I believe was "shut up mommy."  Where in the world did my daughter learn the words "shut up"?  I don't say it, my husband and I don't say it to each other, and I know the sitter wouldn't allow her to tell her to shut up.  I have no idea where that came from unless she got it from TV.  I didn't like it.  It broke my heart to think I have to punish her for that kind of stuff.  I told her sternly, "You do not tell mommy no and you do not tell mommy to shut up."  She cried after that and then I cried because my little angelic daughter is beginning to act as mean as a snake.  All those sweet little baby giggles and cute little snuggles.....out the window!  Hello little Miss. Independent!  I love her just the same...but am not liking this little rebellious behavior streak!  Pray for us!

Well, yesterday was our family's "New House" Anniversary.  3 years ago we moved into our brand new home.  I can remember the day we moved very well......it was COLD! 

My next post, I will try to include another of my favorite recipes....Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup!  Come back and visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment