Monday, January 10, 2011

Expecting Snow!

The forecast for tomorrow's rush hour is not looking so hot....calling for 4 inches of snow.  Now, as a teacher, that sounds like a snow day at home with my daughter Emma!  Secretly, I have to say, I am hoping for a snow day.  I would love to have a day to play more with blogging (and of course play with Emma, sit around in my pj's all day and enjoy my cup of coffee instead of guzzling it down)!  We shall see what tonight and tomorrow morning brings. 

Today, at school, my students acted like it was Monday!  Everytime I would ask a question, I would get these blank looks.  They were looking at me....and may have been hearing my voice....but they were still mentally in bed.  I'm assuming it may have been the upcoming snow that caused the zone out!  I even had a student this morning tell me, "My mom said we weren't going to have school tomorrow"!  I just cracked up laughing.....now, not only do I have administrators to call off school, but I guess parents are doing it too!  I just found it funny.

Last night, I counted all the letters that Emma knows.  She now knows 15 of 26 letters and she is only 2 years old.  She just impresses me more and more everyday with how quickly she is picking up on things!  As a teacher, I recognize that a 2 year old learning 15 letters of the alphabet is quite an accomplishment and it scares me a little......is she learning so fast that she will be one of those bored children in the classroom that chooses to misbehave?  If so.....look out future Kindergarten teacher!

Tonight I am fixing homemade Beef Stroganoff using a recipe I sort of threw together (which I love to do).  I think I will share it.....

Beef Stroganoff
*1 pound extra lean ground beef
*8oz. cream cheese
*1 cup sour cream
*1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*1 regular size can cream of mushroom soup
*1 regular size can beef broth
*1 cup milk
*garlic powder to taste (optional)
*1 teaspoon of dried dill
*Egg noodles (as needed per person)
*Durkee Dried Onions (as garnish/topping)



Directions:
Brown your beef in a large electric skillet. 

Add cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, both soups, milk, garlic powder, dried dill and allow mixture to simmer till melted and well mixed. 

It will be runny and sauce like (sort of like spaghetti sauce consistency). 

Boil your desired amount of egg noodles per person and drain.  Plate the noodles and top with desired amount of the beef sauce. 

Top by sprinkling the Dried Onions on top as a crunchy topping.  Enjoy with a side salad and french bread!  YUMMY!

Well, maybe I will be able to work more on this blog tomorrow while hibernating inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment